The Solutions Architect is a technical consulting position focused on developing customized BI/BPM solutions to our customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to analyze their business processes
- Creation of specifications
- Develop and maintain applications and databases
- Design OLAP databases, business logic, and reporting packages
- Develop project and system documentation
The position requires participation in the complete project life cycle, including: pre-sales support, scoping sessions, design reviews, development and roll out and post engagement support.
Travel Required; amount varies by project and group. This is a fulltime permanent opportunity with excellent training, compensation, and benefits.
- 2-3 years prior technical/consulting experience.
- Experience using ETL and database tools such as DTS, SQL and Oracle.
- Experience developing applications using ASP, ASP.NET, VB and VBA
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and designing MS Office applications using VBA.
- Experience or desire to work in a consulting services organization
- Financial systems implementation experience (preferably OLAP – SAP BPC, Cognos TM1, Hyperion, etc.)
- Experience in business requirements gathering and writing functional requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; good organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to effectively managing customers and projects
- A willingness to be part of a team of individuals and the ability to learn quickly is also important
- Pharmaceutical, Financial Services, Retail, or Manufacturing experience
Business, technical degree or equivalent experience.