Top 5 New Features in SAP Analytics Cloud
Explore features, functions, and highlights in the latest release of the SAP Analytics Cloud solution.
SAP Analytics Cloud combines analytics and planning functions within a single, unified application, providing seamless integration to SAP systems and a wide variety of third-party data sources. SAC users are enabled to make decisions and gain trusted insights from meaningful company information.
This blog post introduces the new features and enhancements of the SAP Analytics Cloud Q4 2022 Quarterly Release.
# 1 Workspaces
Workspaces are a virtual repository for SAP Analytics Cloud administrators to delegate content based on departments, geographies, or organizational setups. Several enhancements to workspaces were delivered:
- The cross-consumption of content between multiple workspaces.
- Move and copy content between public and personal folders.
- Assign teams as workspace administrators in addition to user assignments.
- Display the team description in workspace management.
#2 Predictive Planning
A new set of visual information is now available in SAP Analytics Cloud. Smart Predict is a feature to explain how time series cycles impact predictive targets when working with planning models. Enhancements include:
- Highlighting each detected cycle pattern
- Drill down from detected cycles to visualize their impact on targets.
- Show the impact on the target at the time granularity that best highlights it.
#3 Value Driver Tree
The value driver tree (VDT) has been a powerful feature in SAP Analytics Cloud for simulation and planning. Its functionality is now expanded with the ability to generate subtrees automatically at any level of the VDT based on other dimensions.
#4 API Calls in Multi Actions
The new RESTful API step within the multi-actions feature empowers SAP Analytics Cloud users to execute external REST API calls in a multi-actions sequence. It can trigger execution logic in SAP and non-SAP target systems. This step can be chained with other steps, such as data actions, data imports, or predictive forecasts, allowing more complex end-to-end workflows.
#5 Retrieve Data in Microsoft Excel with SAP
Users of the add-in for Microsoft Office for SAP Analytics Cloud can now insert a Microsoft Excel-like function in cell-based custom formulas to retrieve and display data in the grid. The new SAP.GETDATA function returns the data value for any combination of a dimension and a member. It has the following arguments:
- Table: enter the table name in quotation marks.
- Dimension and member: enter the dimension ID followed by the member ID in quotation marks.
- You can enter several combinations of IDs.
- You can insert the function outside or inside the existing add-in table, which persists on refresh.
These new features will make data more accessible, workflows more efficient, and end-user adoption a lot easier – resulting in better analytic solutions. Is SAP Analytics Cloud a good fit for your organization? Please contact us today to learn more.