New releases of Cognos and Planning Analytics will move several legacy versions off of active support. Per IBM’s Support site, critical dates for Cognos Analytics and Planning Analytics are below. If you are still running one of the affected versions, make a note of the upcoming deadlines and start to plan your upgrade today!
- Support on Cognos Analytics 11.0.x ends on September 30, 2021.
- Support on Planning Analytics (Advanced, Express & Local) 2.0.x – 2.0.7 ends on April 30, 2022.
- Support on Planning Analytics (Advanced & Local) 2.0.8 ends on September 30, 2022:
If you cannot upgrade before the cut-off date, consider Breakaway Technologies’ End of Life Support. Breakaway will provide remote assistance in response to requests for problems discovered after the Product reaches the end of support. The service includes:
- Support during regular business hours 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday;
- Answers to installation, configuration, and usage (how-to) related questions.
- Assistance with known defects for which corrective service information and fixes are available
Technical issues without a path to resolution could expose your data to security threats. Don’t take that risk. Contact me to see how Breakaway can help.
About the Author
Bill Carr is a Business Development Manager at Breakaway Technologies responsible for IBM Software Sales, Licensing & Compliance, and S&S renewals & expansions. Bill has over ten years of experience supporting clients across North America to drive business value and operational efficiencies through IBM’s world-class business analytics solutions